Setting Cross-company transaction
I found problem in setting cross-company transaction.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
What I have done are as follow:
1. Create material master Z for plant A (company A), and plant B (company
2. Create vendor masteri for company A, assigned to plant B; e.g: vendor X
assigned as plant B.
3. Create PO (doc.type NB) from plant A to vendor X for material Z.
4. Supposedly system would automatically recognised this as cross-company
transaction. Then plant B could create delivery refering to this PO.
In my system, when I try to create the PO, SAP generates error message
said that Sales and Distribution Data haven't been maintained for material Z,
which I have already done.
Could anyone help? Recently I've got chance to look at the system where the
cross-company has been already set. By comparing the PO, I knew that in the
successfull cross-company PO, there are additional tab in item detail named
Shipping. In this tab, there is information about customer, delivery type used,
etc. Which make me wonder, is it the source of the problem. Should I set the
customer master data refering to the plant issuing the PO? If I should where
could I set this?
You need also to configure your Stock Transport Order settings for your
Cross-Company Business Transaction to work.
1. Customer No. for the Goods Receiving Plant - OMGN
2. Availability Check- Checking Rule (if necessary) - OMGN
3. Assign a Delivery Type for the Delivering Plant - OMGN (for Stock Transport
4. PO type (which i belive you have done) - OMGN
5. Assign Vendor No. to the Supplying Plant (done) - VK02
6. Assign Customer No. to the Purchasing Plant for the Inter-Compnay Invoice
(but you need to assign this to the Sales Organization pre-assigned to the
IMG-SD-Billing-InterCompany Billing-Define Internal Customer No. by Sales Org
***and by the way for the Invoice to work between Cross-Compnay Plants, you need
also to have a Sales Org for the Supplying Plant and a Pricing Determination
Inventory Beginning Balances
When you transfer the stocks of material from the legacy system into SAP the
initial enrty of inventory is done through mvt. type 561. You normally do this
entry via batch input.
The valuation of the inventory data depends on two factors:
1. The price control procedure and prices defined in the accounting view of the
2. Whether you have entered a value for quantity to be transferred.
This is what happens for materials with Standard Price:
1.The initial entry will be valued at Standard Price defined in the material
2. If a different value is entered in the batch input data, this difference is
posted in the price difference account.
This is what happens for materials with Moving Average Price:
1. Whatever value you have entered for the intial data entry in the batch input
is used to valuate the quantity transferred.
2 If initial inventory value in batch input / inventory quantity differs from
the MAP, the MAP is changed when you do the initial entry of the inventory
3. However if you have not maintained a value for the initial entry in the batch
input the quantity transferred is valuated according to the MAP and the price
does not change in this case.
You can add a new material to the material master and set a beginning balance
on it by using transaction MB1C.
The following are instructions for doing so :
Path: Logistics *Materials management * Inventory management * Goods
movement * Goods receipt *Other
Field Data :
Document Date Today’s date
Posting Date Today’s date
Movement Type 561 (will automatically enter)
Plant 3000 (or plant you are using)
Storage Location 0001 (or location you are using)
On top of screen select: Movement type *Receipt * Init.stck entry (own) * To
Hit the white on green checkmark.
Now enter Item Material Quantity
1 Material # Quantity (Press tab 4 times to enter next item)
2 Material # Quantity
Write down the Document #________________
You may get an error saying: “G/L account 399999 blocked for posting in
company code 3000”. To unblock the account, you can do the following :
Accounting>Financial Accounting>GL>Master records>Individual
Enter the GL account 399999 and the company code (3000).
On the menu, open GL account, then choose Block.
On the block GL account centrally screen, deselect all the boxes and save.
You may have to do this for account 79999 and company code 3000 if you want a
beginning balance on Finished Goods.
NOTE THAT THIS FIX SHOULD BE DONE ON THE MASTER CLIENT.
Variances between material and account of stock when
you use MB5L
First of all, what MB5L works was that this transaction looks in the table
T030, the accounts assigned to the inventory, and computes the total values
based on the accounts. The values shown in the 1st column in the table, belongs
to the values in the MBEW table. The FI values are build up based on the BSEG
table. The point is that sometimes some postings are set in the MBEW table
without being posted on BSEG (and vice versa).
There have been several reasons which are well attributable to this problem
1) Change in the Valuation Class of the Material Master which results in the
fact that the account determination or account used in the automatic posting was
2) Maintenance of GR/IR clearing account via Transaction MR11 after executing
the month-end closing (Transaction MMPV);
3) Adjustment of G/L account (JV process) for direct posting;
4) Price adjustment via Transaction MR21;
5) Manual posting of costs directly to inventory account via LIV.