Guideline to upgrade from 3.1 to 4.6 with HW upgrade at the same time
1. Do a system copy of the 3.1 instance to the new box.
2. Bring up 3.1 instance in new box.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
3. Upgrade the Development/Staging instance and resolve all errors and
issues. Create SPAU/SPDD modifications, if any.
4. Timing the upgrade processes - to determine how long the whole processes
Your managers will like to know how long it takes to complete the upgrade.
5. Do a system copy of the 3.1 instance to the new box again
6. Bring up 3.1 instance in new box.
7. Make the 3.1 instance in new box as the Production instance.
8. Make the 3.1 instance in the old box as the Development/Staging instance
or a standby Production Box in case
the upgrade fail.
9. Upgrade the Production instance as planned (i.e. 3 full working days).
10. Acceptance testing.
Restrict The Transport Access In Production
How to restrict the transport access in Production?
You can control by 2 way :
1. Limit the authorization object that can limit your transport activity,
please use authorization object S_TRANSP and remove the value 60 (import) at
your production server
2. Remove the STMS from the role.
List of transports that have been transported over a period
I need to know how we can get a list of transports
transported over a period of time. I tried SCC3 but I'm not able to pull up the
data. Is there any other way?
Example: List of transport request that have beem
transported during Jan, Feb 20xx to production.
System Landscape: Dev-->Test--> Production
Appln Servers: AIX
SAP version: 4.6C
Goto STMS --> Import overview --> select the system which you want to see the
log of import queue --> select goto--> import history --> there select the data
coloum and set the filter as per your requirement.
You can also execute SE03, Requests/Tasks, Find Requests, in the production
system or use SE16 to query table E070.
How to import mass transport request using SCC1 in local client?
We have 3 clients in development system , we need to
import multiple requests at a time using SCC1 in another client. Using SCC1 I am
able to select mass request at a time but not able to see mass transport menu.
How to do mass transport steps using SCC1 in local
You could try using SCCL and select "Customising" Profile.
What is Role Transportation from development server to Production server.
I have also create New role, but how to bring out the role to production
server. We have installed IDES 4.7 Server.
Run TCD PFCG
- Enter the Role to be transported in the text box.
- Click on truck symbol left corner of options bar
- then series of screens will appear.
- In one of the screen don't select user assignment.
It will also ask you the change request no.
After that go to TCD SE10 and release the request.
NOW go to stms and select Quality system and import the request into it.
After testing you can import the request in PRD system.
Remove the import all request (big truck) button from STMS
To change the automatically generated profile parameters for the transport
Log onto the SAP System functioning as the transport domain controller (the
QA or PROD system).
Call Transaction STMS.
Choose Overview -> Systems.
The system overview appears.
Double click on the SAP System you want to change.
In the SAP System, click Configuration -> Change.
The screen Change TMS Configuration: System <System name> appears.
Choose the tab Transport tool.
First, all the global parameters are displayed and then all the local
The global parameters are identical for all SAP Systems in the domain.
To change a global parameter to a local parameter, you must delete the global
parameter and enter the new local parameter.
The operating system is only displayed if values exist for this field.
Finally to remove the import all request (big truck) button from STMS
- click the Insert Line (button)
- Tick Global
- Fill in Parameter = NO_IMPORT_ALL, Value = 1.
Save your entries.
If you enter a parameter unknown to the transport control program, or a value
that is not permitted, the transport control program ignores this entry in the