Structures in Human Resources
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
- Company code, personnel area and personnel subarea
- Employee group, employee subgroup, payroll accounting
- Organizational units, jobs and positions
- Which position does the employee hold?
- What tasks does the employee have?
- Where does the employee work?
- Which public holidays apply to the employee?
- How will the employee be paid?
- What are the employee working hours?
- How much holiday does the emplyee get?
Most important is the allocation of employees to the
structures in their enterprise as it is the first step in entering the personal
You assign employees in infotype 0001, Organizational
Assignment which will include the employees in the
1. enterprise, personnel and organational structures,
2. company code, a personnel area and a payroll area,
3. positions, organizational unit, a job and a cost
The personnel area is used exclusively in Personnel
Administration and is unique within a client. Each personnel area must be
assigned to a company code. The final element of the company structure, also
unique to Personnel Administration is the personnel subarea. Grouping are
defined for personnel subareas to specify which entries from subsequent settings
can be used for employees assigned to a particular company code or personnel
area. These groupings directly or indirectly affect Time Management and Payroll
Location-3 Location-4 Peronnel Area
The administrative personnel structure consists of the
1. Employee group
2. Employee subgroup
3. Payroll accounting area
4. Organizational key
The organizational personnel structure consists of the
3. Organizational unit
In Personnal Administration, you use the object manager
to find employees whose data you want to display or edit. The object manager is
connected to the following transactions:
- Display HR Master Data (PA20)
- Maintain HR Master Data (PA30)
- Personnel Actions (PA40)
The organizational key improves the enterprise structure
and the personnel structure. You can use an organizational key to carry out a
further organizational assignment for employees. The elements company code,
personnel area and personnel subarea from the company structure, help to make up
the organizational key. The organizational key is a part of the authorization