Allow/Disallowed Backposting of Inventory Posting
Maintain the Material Master company code in
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
This is done when you want :
1. To create a material master record, the control
record must exist for the company code
for which you want to create your master record.
2. To set up a company code, enter the current period
3. When changing the Allow backposting or Disallow
You can also use MMRV
to set the Allow/Disallowed backposting indicators.
The current and previous period is shown on both
Movement Error - Posting Only Possible Between
While doing goods receipt for order, the following
error occurs, it says POSTING ONLY POSSIBLE BETWEEN 11/2002 AND 10/2002
I am trying to do GR after creating PO. It is showing
an error messg "posting only possible during 11/2002 and 10/2002". I went into
open and close posting peiords in FI (IMG) and tried opening new periods but it
is still not allowing me to proceed further and is showing the same messg.
Go to T.Code MMPV :
1. Enter your company code.
2. Fiscal year of the current period (in your case 2002).
3. Put the period as 12.
4. Check the radio button for check and close period.
6. The system does say it is not current calender year.
(do not worry about this).
7. Hit Esc and
8. Now change the Fiscal year to 2003 and
9. Period to 1
Continue these steps until you reach your period and
I am facing a problem with fiscal year. When I am trying to close the periods
with MMPV, it is saying that 'specify a present calender'. It is not allowing
me to receipt GR and post the invoice. And also when I am trying to change the
next period through navigation (SPRO/Logostics general/Material master/Maintain
company codes for matl management) it is saying that this company code can no
longer be initiated. Our SAP was installed recently.
To maintain fiscal year
SPRO - Logistics General - Mat Master - Basic Settings - Maintain Company
Codes for Material Management - Execute - Select Company Code and Define the
Year = 2006
P(month) = current month
F/yr = 2006
M = Previous Month
ABP = Allow Back Posting , DBP = Disallow back posting
Process Of Imported Material With Excise
What are the procurement cycle (stepwise) of imported material up to
GR(101)? What are the steps that are to be followed to reverse the GR for
imported material? What are the transaction used?
1) The procedure for imported material receipt is as follows.....
a) P.O. Generation for the material. ME21n
b) Capture planned delivery cost MIRO
c) Capture excise invoice J1IEX
d) Goods Receipt MIGO
Since we are capturing the planned delivery cost for the GR (through MIRO) .
So before returning the material we have to reverse the planned delivery cost
thru "Subsequent Credit " using MIRO. Then only return thru MIGO will be
So, the steps for cancelling the documents for imported material is:
2) a) Sub sequent credit using MIRO
b) Return GR (delivery) using MIGO
c) Cancell the excise invoice using J1IEX
These are the steps to return the imported material & cancel the Excise Invoice
Difference for Stock Transfer and Transfer Posting
Questions: difference between transfer postings and stock transfers.
What are the material documents that are generated and what are the accounts
Stock Transfer = physically stock transfer of goods,
Trasfer posting = may physical (or) logical (not physical) stock transfer of
Transfer posting and stock transfer:
Transfer posting : plant to plant/ Storage location to Storage Location.
In which if the valuation area is same. i.e.
- Sloc to Sloc within one plant then there will be no accounting entry
- However if the its Sloc to Sloc but with two different plant. and valuation
area+valuation price is diff then there will accounting doc and material doc
created for the same.
There are unrestricted stock, quality inspection stock, blocked stock. Also
you can have GR Blocked stock, special stock too. It will update the
Stock Tranfer and Transfer Posting - Importances are same up to Plant to
Plant . However Customer ( Client ) Prefer Stock Transfer than Transfer
See the Below Advantages of Stock Transfer more than Transfer Postings :
The transfer of stock using a stock transport order has the following advantages
over the transfer of stock without a stock transport order:
- A goods receipt can be planned in the receiving plant.
- You can enter a vendor (transport vendor) in the stock transport order.
- Delivery costs can be entered in the stock transport order.
- The stock transfer order is part of MRP: Purchase requisitions that were
created in MRP can be converted into stock transport orders.
- The goods issue can be entered using a delivery via Shipping (LE-SHP
- The goods receipt can be posted directly to consumption.
- The entire process can be monitored via the purchase order history.
However we need to do some times Plant to Plant Trasfer Postings only in some
industires. This is based on Customer
How many stock transfer process are avaikable in SAP?
Like 1)Two step stock transfer (MM/SD) .
2)Two steap stock transfer ( MM only) Move type 303& 305.
3) One step stock transfer Move type 301.
Stock Transport Order (STO)
One step stock transfer Move type 301.
Two step stock transfer ( MM only) Move type 303& 305.
Using STO without delivery:
STO with delivery:
STO with delivery and billing:
delivery type:NLCC , billing type:IV
Creating The Stock Transfer Order
What is the pocess of creating the stock transfer order? W hat is the
essential inputs of stock trans. order?
This is only within the comp.code(w/o SD)
1. Mat.(1434)should be maintained in both the plants.(@1000&1100).
2. Should have enough stock in supplying plant(1000).
3. Make its supplying plant as a vendor in vendor master record in receiving
4. Make it receiving plant as a customer in customization.
Create customer (xd01) & and define the shipping data for plants in both the
Path: spro – img – material mgmt – purchasing – po – set up STO – define
(1 by1 )
In Receiving plant (1100) In Supplying plant (1000)
Customer num. 123345 (for ex.) Customer num. ---------(don’t
Sales org. yyy Sales org. yyy
Dist. Channel yy Dist. Channel yy
Sales div. y Sales div.
5. Assign doc. Type is “NL” for intra company STO. If STO is inter
company, Assign doc. Type is “NLCC”.
Position doc type is “UB”
Enter supplying plant(1000) & doc type (NL)&checking rule (ex:01)
6.Assign doc. Type is “UB” to u’r plants.(PO)
Go for new entries
Enter supplying plant(1000) & Receiving plant (1100)&doc type (UB).
7. Create a PO, choose the doc type is ‘UB’ & item cat.’U’, Enter supplying
plant as a vendor in PO of the receiving plant(1100).
8. Provide this num (PO) to SD people, they will do the delivery by using
transactional code is VL10B.
9. Sales people they will provide “out bound delivery num”.
10. Do the GR. In GR the second tab 05 outbound delivery instead of PO
11. See the stock overview in the receiving & supplying plants.