This topic lists the breaking changes in Visual C++ 2008.
Visual C++ Compiler
- The Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, and Windows NT platforms are no longer supported. These operating systems have been removed from the list of targeted platforms.
Visual C++ Projects
- When upgrading projects from previous versions of Visual Studio, you might have to modify the WINVER and _WIN32_WINNT macros so that they are greater than or equal to 0x0500. For more information on these macros, see Using the Windows Headers.
- The Windows API header file Winable.h has been removed. Include Winuser.h instead.
- The Windows API library Rpcndr.lib has been removed. Link with rpcrt4.lib instead.
Visual C++ Libraries
- Breaking Changes (ATL)
- Breaking Changes (ATL/MFC)
- Breaking Changes (MFC)
- Breaking Changes (CRT)
- Breaking Changes in the Standard C++ Library