1. Which do you press to enter the current date in a cell?
2. A fast way to add up this column of numbers is to click in the cell below the numbers and then:
|Click Subtotals on the Data menu.
|View the sum in the formula bar.
| Click the AutoSum button Button image on the Standard toolbar, then press ENTER.
3. Suppose you have columns of data that span more than one printed page. How can you automatically print the column headings on each page?
| Click Page Setup on the File menu, click the Sheet tab, and enter the row that contains these column headings under Print titles.
|Click Page Setup on the File menu, click the Page tab, click the Options button, then enter your choices.
| Click Page Setup on the File menu, click the Sheet tab, and make a selection under the Print heading.
4. How should you print a selected area of a worksheet, if you'll want to print a different area next time?
|On the File menu, point to Print Area, and then click Set Print Area.
|On the File menu, click Print, and then click Selection under Print what.
|On the View menu, click Custom Views, then click Add.
5. 5. What's a quick way to extend these numbers to a longer sequence, for instance 1 through 20?
|elect both cells, and then drag the fill handle Fill handle over the range you want, for instance 18 more rows.
|Select the range you want, including both cells, point to Fill on the Edit menu, and then click Down.
|Copy the second cell, click in the cell below it, on the Standard toolbar click the down arrow on the Paste Button image button, and then click Paste Special.
6. If you are working in English (U.S), Chinese, or Japanese, Excel 2002 can speak data as you enter it, to help you verify accuracy. How do you activate this feature?
| Point to Speech on the Tools menu, and then click Show Text To Speech Toolbar
|Click Validation on the Data menu
| Point to Speech on the Tools menu, and then click Speech Recognition.
7. Say that you want to paste a formula result — but not the underlying formula — to another cell. In Excel 2002, you would copy the cell with the formula, then place the insertion point in the cell you want to copy to. What next?
|. Click the Paste Button image button on the Standard toolbar.
|b. Click the arrow on the Paste Button image button on the Standard toolbar, then click Formulas.
|Click the arrow on the Paste Button image button on the Standard toolbar, then click Values.
8. How do you change column width to fit the contents?
|Single-click the boundary to the left of the column heading.
|Double-click the boundary to the right of the column heading.
| Press ALT and single-click anywhere in the column.
9. Which of these is a quick way to copy formatting from a selected cell to two other cells on the same worksheet?
|Use CTRL to select all three cells, then click the Paste Button image button on the Standard toolbar.
| Copy the selected cell, then select the other two cells, click Style on the Format menu, then click Modify.
|. Click Format Painter Button image on the Formatting toolbar twice, then click in each cell you want to copy the formatting to.
10. To balance your checkbook in Excel, your best method is:
|Copy your check amounts into Excel so that you'll have a neat printout to work on.
|Use Excel to check your arithmetic.
| Download the Checkbook Register template from Templates on Microsoft Office Online.
11. : What program do you use to create a spreadsheet?
12. What displays the contents of the active cell?
13. Which function calculates the largest value in a set of numbers?
14. Which button on the standard toolbar gives you quick access to the Sum, Average, Count, Min, and Max functions?
15. Which style button adds the dollar signs and commas to values?
16. What gives you the convenience of the Formatting toolbar's one click access to many formatting tasks?
17. What do you use to create a chart?
18. Which type of chart shows the pattern or relationships between sets of data points?
19. True or False, You can modify an exisiting chart?
20. One way that Microsoft Excel gives help is in the form of a ...