A D V E R T I S E M E N T
1000-1 2000-1 3000-1
Personnel Areas 1000-Location-1 1100-Location-2
A personnel area is a Personnel Administration specific unit and is the
subunit of the company code. The individual personnel areas in a company code
have four digit alphanumeric idetifiers. The pesonnel areas within a client
must be clear.
The personnel area has the following functions :-
1. It allows you to generate default values for data entry, for e.g. for the
payroll accounting area.
2. It is a selection criteria for reporting.
3. It constitutes a unit in authorization checks.
1100-Location-2 3000-Location-1 3100-Location-2
Personnel SubAreas 1101
The principal organizational aspects of human resources are controlled at
this level, namely the pay scale and wage, type structures and the planning of
The main organizational functions of the peronnel subarea are as follows:-
1. To specify the country grouping. Master data entry and the setting up and
processing of wage types
and pay scale groups in payroll depend on the country grouping. The
grouping must be unique
within a company code.
2. To assign a legal person which differentiates between companies in legal
3. To set groupings for Time Mangement so that work schedules and substitution,
absence and leave
types can be set up for individual personnel subareas.
4. To generate a default pay scale type and area for an emplyee's basic pay.
5. To define a public holiday calendar.
6. To define subarea-specific wage types for each personnel area.
For administrative purposes, the employees in an enterprise are divided into two
1. The highest level is an employee group, the second, employee subgroup.
2. These levels are subject to authorization checks, to define remuneration
levels or different work
schedules, for e.g.
IMG -> Enterprise Structure -> Definition -> Human
-> Personnel Areas
-> Personnel Subareas